This is a perfect summer dish, but with the comfort food feeling of a yummy pasta dish.
Inspired by Food Network
Israeli Couscous Salad with Smoked Paprika
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups Israeli couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves, coarsley chopped
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes
- 4 ounces feta
- 1 cup jarred red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup corn
- For the dressing: whisk the oil, vinegar, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl until smooth
- For the couscous: heat in a large saucepan, medium heat. Cook the couscous, stirring frequently til golden brown. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix together the spinach, cheese, tomatoes, parsley, almonds, and corn. Add the couscous and the dressing.Toss until all the ingredients are coated, and transfer to a large bowl.